NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ALL SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AWARDED SUBJECT TO RESTRICTIONS AND CRITERIA, AND THE WINNERS’ MAINTAINING ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, AS DEFINED IN THESE RULES
Elements Behavioral Health is offering eligible applicants the opportunity to submit an application including an essay on the topic of “How has addiction impacted you personally or the world at large?” with the winners to receive scholarship funds to be used toward college tuition (the “Scholarship Program”). The details of the Scholarship are available at https://www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com/scholarship/ (the “Scholarship Website”). The Scholarship Program is subject to the Official Rules and Terms and Conditions are set forth below.
- Scholarship Submission Period. The Scholarship Submission Period begins on June 30, 2016 and ends on December 31, 2016 (the “Deadline”). All applications and essays must be submitted prior to the Deadline to be considered for the Scholarship Program. Once the Deadline has passed, no further submissions will be accepted. Elements Behavioral Health will announce the winners within 60 days after the end date of the Scholarship Program. Elements Behavioral Health reserve the right to change any beginning or end dates of the Scholarship Program.
- Eligibility. The Scholarship Program is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and who are least 18 years of age or older at the time of the application and who are currently enrolled or have been accepted to enroll in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (e.g.. college or university) in the United States. The Scholarship Program is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Submissions must be from individuals only. Any submissions from groups, organizations or multiple-parties are not eligible. The Scholarship Program is governed by United States law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Current employees, officers, directors and agents of Elements Behavioral Health and its related companies and members of their immediate families are not eligible to win. Immediate family members are defined as spouses, parents, siblings, children and persons residing at the same address. Elements Behavioral Health reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each applicant. The application of any applicant who is found to be ineligible will be considered invalid.
- Selection of Potential Winners. Elements Behavioral Health is looking for eligible applicants who follow directions and submit applications with essays that are well-written and clearly and creatively address the topic. Applications, including the essays, will be reviewed by a committee selected solely by Elements Behavioral Health. The committee will select potential winners for each Scholarship based on originality, creativity, and emotional impact.
- Receiving the Scholarship Award. The potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail or mail. Each potential winner will be required to sign further documentation to claim a Scholarship, which documentation may include an aﬃdavit of eligibility, publicity and liability release, and/or copyright assignment within 10 days of notification or the applicant with the next highest score will become an alternate potential winner of the specific Scholarship. The awarding of any Scholarship Prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Oﬃcial Rules. Applicants agree to be bound by Oﬃcial Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Prize Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide the required additional documentation, refuses to complete and provide any requested tax forms, is found to have violated the Oﬃcial Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, the Scholarship will be forfeited. If we are unable to reach a potential winner within 5 days, the notification to a potential winner is returned as undeliverable or the Scholarship is otherwise forfeited, Elements Behavioral Health, in its discretion, may designate the applicant with the next highest score as the alternate potential winner for the specific Scholarship. Elements Behavioral Health shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential winner for any reason. Failure to provide accurate contact information may result in disqualificatio No guarantee of notification is made to applicants who are not awarded a Scholarship under the Scholarship Program. The Scholarship will be in the form of a check made payable to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship winner once the Scholarship winner has enrolled in such accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to Elements Behavioral Health, unless another payment method has been approved by Elements Behavioral Health in its sole discretion. Except as determined by Elements Behavioral Health in its sole discretion, no substitution of the Scholarship shall be offered, and no transfer of the Scholarship to a third party is permitted. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. AWARDS ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITHOUT LIMITATION.
- Odds. Your chances of winning a Scholarship in this Scholarship Program depend on the number of entries, the quality of your essay, and how your essay is viewed by the committee at Elements Behavioral Health reviewing the essays.
- Applicant Representations and Warranties; Indemnification. Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Elements Behavioral Health as follows: (i) the application, including the essay is the applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) as of the date of submission, the essay is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the essay neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the essay does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the submission requirements set forth in these Official Rules and Terms and Conditions. Each applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Elements Behavioral Health harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of the applicant hereunder.
- Applicant Agreement. By submitting an application, applicants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Elements Behavioral Health and its committee, which shall be final and binding in all respects. These Official Rules and Terms and Conditions are accessible throughout Scholarship Submission Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules and Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification. Elements Behavioral Health reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual suspected of tampering with the application or submission process or the operation of the Scholarship Program; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Elements Behavioral Health to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Elements Behavioral Health to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER, APPLICANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, Elements Behavioral Health RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND COSTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability. By entering the Scholarship Program, each applicant acknowledges and agrees that Elements Behavioral Health, its related companies and affiliates, and each of their respective employees, oﬃcers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible submissions or for failure to receive applications due to any cause, including, without limitation, human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an applicant’s ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Elements Behavioral Health assumes no responsibility for any damage to an applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. If, for any reason, the Scholarship Program is not capable of running as planned for reasons that may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Scholarship Program, then Elements Behavioral Health reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Scholarship Program in whole or in part. In the event of cancellation, Elements Behavioral Health will award the Scholarships from among all eligible, non-suspect applications received prior to cancellation.
- Publicity Except where prohibited by law, by submitting an application, applicants consent to the use of their names, pictures, likenesses, voices, biographical data, and/or any information contained in their application in advertising, promotion and marketing materials throughout the world, including on the Internet, by Elements Behavioral Health, its related companies and affiliates, its promotional partners and third-party marketing entities, without additional compensation, notice, review, or approval. Nothing contained in these Official Rules obligates Elements Behavioral Health to make use of any of the rights granted herein, and winner waives any right to inspect or approve any such use.
- Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. The Scholarship Program, these Official Rules and Terms and Conditions, and any dispute related thereto (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) are governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflicts of laws principles. Any legal action, suit, proceeding or dispute in connection with the Scholarship Program (whether for breach of contract, tortious conduct or otherwise) will be brought and resolved exclusively in the state or federal courts of Los Angeles County in the State of California and each applicant accepts and submits to the personal jurisdiction of these courts with respect to any legal actions, suits, proceedings or disputes arising out of or related to the Scholarship Program. If any provision(s) of the Official Rules and Terms and Conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Scholarship Program, each applicant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the applicant and Elements Behavioral Health, its related companies and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (the “Elements Behavioral Health Parties”), claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Scholarship Program, the Scholarship awarded, or the determination of the winner must be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will an applicant be permitted or entitled to obtain an award for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than applicant’s actual out-pocket expenses (if any), not to exceed ten dollars ($10), and the applicant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of an applicant, the applicant will be declared to be the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided to Elements Behavioral Health at the time of initial submission for the Scholarship Program, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria, otherwise the entry may be disqualified and any potential prize won will be forfeited in the sole discretion of Elements Behavioral Health. An applicant is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential winner may be required to provide Elements Behavioral Health with proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the applicable e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the satisfaction of Elements Behavioral Health, the application and individual or individuals may be deemed ineligible in the sole discretion of Elements Behavioral Health.
- Winner’s List and Participant Information. To receive a copy of the list of winners, send an email to submissions@theelements and provide the name of the applicant and date of submission. All such requests must be received within 6 months after the end of the Scholarship Submission Period. For information regarding the actual number of participants, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a specific request for number of participants.