Substance Abuse and Intimacy Disorders
Relativity Intimacy Disorders Program for Women at Right Step DFW
The Relativity Substance Abuse and Intimacy Disorders (previously known as SAID) program at Right Step in Dallas/Fort Worth is a unique and innovative women-only program for alcohol and drug treatment that has a dual emphasis on healing relationship and intimacy issues.
Women come to Relativity suffering from emotional challenges that often occur alongside addiction and/or substance abuse. These emotional challenges include grief, loss, relationship issues and trauma. Women may find themselves struggling to remain clean and sober, despite treatment and dedication to their recovery, due to unrecognized and untreated emotional and relationship challenges. At Right Step, the staff of caring and knowledgeable female professionals addresses these concerns while helping clients learn to develop stronger, healthier connections in their lives.
Healing From Addiction and Intimacy Issues
The Relativity program for women takes a multidimensional approach to treatment. While following the best practices of evidence-based substance abuse treatment, the Relativity program also combines counseling on shame resilience and an integrated focus to heal past intimacy and relationship wounds, as well as past trauma.
The first step is learning about each client’s personal history and life challenges. Then the clinical team works with each client to create an individualized plan for treatment. While each plan is different, it may include some of the following options:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Medical detox and stabilization
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Daily educational sessions
- Nutrition counseling
- Fitness program
- Experiential therapies such as yoga and mindfulness meditation
- Psychodrama and creative expression therapies
- Family program
- Relapse prevention
- Aftercare planning and follow-up
- 12-Step involvement
- Dr. Brene Brown’s The Daring Way™ Shame Resilience Curriculum
Why Choose a Women-Only Addiction Treatment Program?
A gender-specific treatment approach encourages women to develop healthy relationships with other women.
There are six major reasons why this environment is beneficial:
- Taking men out of the equation removes distractions that get in the way of women focusing on their treatment.
- Women feel safer discussing such deeply personal topics as relationships, sexuality, body image issues and trauma in a dedicated women’s program.
- Learning and bonding is accelerated in a close-knit community comprised of women of different ages and perspectives
- Because there’s no pressure to compete for male attention, women can focus on the all-important and difficult work of self-examination and recovery.
- Growing together is accomplished as women in the Relativity program work toward the same life goals.
- The safe, supportive community at the Relativity program helps increase self-acceptance and reducing feelings of shame.
Call us today for a confidential assessment. 844-875-5609