Brightwater Landing Addiction and Mental Health Treatment Center Opens in Pennsylvania
Elements Behavioral Health opens Brightwater Landing, a substance abuse and mental health treatment center that blends traditional, experiential and adventure-based therapies, exceptional clinical and medical staff, and upscale amenities in a mountainside setting overlooking the Susquehanna River.
Wrightsville, PA (PRWEB) Jan. 5, 2015 – Elements Behavioral Health, a leading nationwide provider of behavioral health care programs, opened a new, state-of-the-art substance abuse and mental health treatment center on a scenic bluff bordering Lancaster County in southeastern Pennsylvania.
Brightwater Landing provides a unique blend of traditional, experiential and adventure-based therapies for individuals suffering from substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders. Within a gated, private, mountainside setting, clients benefit from the care of distinguished addiction and mental health experts, a wide array of therapies, and upscale amenities.
“At Brightwater Landing, our clinical focus is on trauma and underlying issues that drive addiction—distinguishing it from many treatment centers in the region,” says Executive Director Lori DeVirgilio. “Our beautiful setting provides a safe, natural haven where clients can build emotional strength and resiliency while reconnecting with themselves and loved ones.”
Brightwater Landing’s programs include:
- Onsite Medical Detox – Clients receive medical detox services with onsite, licensed physicians and psychiatrists who utilize the latest research-backed medications.
- Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment – Clients with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders receive integrated treatment from a skilled team of psychiatrists, master’s-level therapists and nurses, and develop resiliency to manage addiction and psychological challenges simultaneously.
- Addiction Treatment – Brightwater Landing’s clinical team identifies and treats both the symptoms and the underlying emotional, behavioral, social and trauma-related factors that contribute to substance abuse. With an emphasis on hands-on learning through experiential therapies, clients develop the insights and skills that promote long-term recovery.
During their stay at Brightwater Landing, clients reside in picturesque cottages that are individualized treatment communities unto themselves. With a maximum of 10 individuals in each home, this setting encourages shared experiences of recovery and growth, which promotes strong treatment communities and sustained recovery.
Program features include:
- Traditional as well as experiential and adventure-based therapies such as a ropes course, therapeutic drumming, yoga, art therapy and walking meditation
- Programming designed by a distinguished team of clinicians that includes complex trauma pioneer Christine Courtois, PhD, ABPP, and addictions and intimacy disorders expert Robert Weiss, LCSW, CSAT-S
- Trauma-focused therapies including EMDR and neurofeedback
- Family involvement throughout treatment, provided by dedicated family therapists offering varied forms of couples and family therapy
- Weekend intensive programs focused on individual and family healing, trauma resolution, relationship-building, spirituality and lifelong recovery
- Integration of surrounding nature as a healing component of treatment and a metaphor for life challenges
- Emphasis on a healthy lifestyle supported by physical activity and engaging, sober activities
- Nourishing cuisine prepared by a gourmet chef, incorporating locally grown and organic foods
- Many forms of insurance accepted
- Comprehensive continuing care and discharge planning
“We are thrilled to further expand our services in the Northeast,” said Dr. David Sack, CEO of Elements Behavioral Health. “We believe that Brightwater Landing’s inspirational setting combined with a team of specially trained clinicians and the use of traditional, medical, adventure-based and experiential therapeutic approaches will offer a transformational treatment option for those struggling with addiction and co-occurring disorders.”
The Brightwater Landing team is hosting an open house January 23, 2015, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Professionals in the surrounding regions are invited to tour the facility and meet and greet with the team. To learn more about Brightwater Landing, visit www.brightwaterlanding.com.
About Elements Behavioral Health
Elements Behavioral Health is a family of behavioral health care programs that includes Promises Treatment Centers, The Ranch, The Sexual Recovery Institute, Right Step, Journey Healing Centers, The Sundance Center, Lucida Treatment Center, Clarity Way, COPAC, Brightwater Landing and The Recovery Place. Elements offers comprehensive, innovative treatment for substance abuse, sexual addiction, trauma, eating disorders and other mental health disorders. We are committed to delivering clinically sophisticated treatment that promotes permanent lifestyle change, not only for the patient but for the entire family system. For more information about Elements Behavioral Health, visit www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com.